Information Technology Specialist
1 Computer Drive S , Suite 220 Guilderland, NY 12084 US
Top Stack Group has been retained by a construction company to assist them in hiring an IT Technology Specialist.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide tier 2 & 3 support for voice and desktop systems, resolving or conferring with the appropriate technical or systems personnel.
- Resolve basic technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Respond to end user hardware and software requests.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the local technology infrastructure.
- Maintain inventories of software, versions and applications of desktop computers. Control additions, deletions and changes in equipment assigned to the unit.
- Perform daily systems backups of the local server and other mission critical business unit infrastructure. Provide notification of any identified systems failures.
- Assist with projects as directed.
- Maintain daily tickets and reports to ensure the highest service levels are maintained.
- Contribute content to training manuals.
- Provide training to end users.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in information services, computer science, operations, management, or a related field and a minimum of 1 year of related experience, where professional capabilities have been clearly demonstrated, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and appropriate certifications such as A+, Network+, MCP or MCSE.? _x000B_
- Desktop\systems support and troubleshooting experience preferred _x000B_
- General knowledge of Windows Server administration, active directory and DNS _x000B_
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 installation and deployment _x000B_
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system, Office 365, MS Exchange, and Microsoft Office applications _x000B_
- Knowledge of telephone equipment, VOIP, LAN equipment, and peripheral network device _x000B_
- Experience with Office 2010/2013/2016 installation and support _x000B_
- Experience supporting multi-function printer and scanners _x000B_
- Able to assist with Android and iPhone configuration _x000B_
- Understanding of malware/spyware/anti-virus software _x000B_
- Understanding of Windows wireless technology _x000B_
- Understanding of fundamentals related to LAN/WAN computer environments and concepts. _x000B_
- Able to effectively operate in a multi-tasking environment _x000B_
- Growing interpersonal and communication skills in a professional and effective manner. _x000B_
- Ability to understand and apply LEAN principles and concepts