Director of Accounting
2001 Joshua Road Trooper, PA 19403 US
- Lead and develop a cohesive, professional team in accounting, financial reporting, inventory management, cash management, and system initiatives.
- Actively participate in SAP and other multi-year financial system implementations.
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, escalating any significant reconciling items/issues to the Controller promptly.
- Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of finance and accounting operations.
- Manage an accurate and timely closing process, including consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Maintain technical accounting expertise and ensure timely identification, review, documentation, and approval of new GAAP issues in collaboration with the Controller and CFO.
- Participate in financial due diligence in acquisitions and lead the purchase accounting process and true-up.
- Create training materials and resources for support personnel, field profit center managers, and accounting teams.
- Strong technical GAAP knowledge aligned with business operations.
- 10+ years of business experience and bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Acquisition experience, including due diligence, purchase accounting, and integrations.
- Ability to make presentations and teach/train others on new processes and procedures.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
- Leadership experience in teams and cross-functional initiatives.
- National (Big 4 or other) audit firm experience or experience in distribution/manufacturing.
- Strongly preferred: SAP S4/Hana experience.
If you are a seasoned accounting professional seeking a challenging role with an industry leader, apply for this Director of Accounting position.